North Bend Historic Buildings
Brick Block (1909) - A very early brick building which still has hitching posts for horses on the side of the building. It housed the first national bank, a hardware store, and a very early post office. There were also some professional buildings which included a Chinese Herbal medicine shop.
Winsor Building: 1903 - A Castle Restaurant was located at the corner and the third floor penthouse - now removed was a meeting place for the Commercial Club which was a civic booster agency.
Emporium Building: 1935 - It was originally a Safeway Store and later in 1955 became Troutman's Emporium - the only chain store in the area. The emporium moved in 2003 to the Pony Village Mall and the building now is a storefront for home furnishings.
Hotel North Bend - This is the tallest and largest building in the town. The name of this site has changed numerous times over it's history. The Pacific Airlines was born here.
Eckhoff Building: One of the town pioneers named Charles Eckhoff made this Victorian home. The family lived upstairs while the bottom area was rented to various businesses. The main street auto mart is on the site today.
Keiser Hospital - 1923 - The city's second medical facility. It now houses the Coos County Annex.
Hollister House: 1913 - This was the home of a well-known attorney. It is now a Chapel.
Liberty Theater: 1924 - Originally a silent movie palace. Now it houses the Little theater on the Bay. Well known actor Roy Schieder of the "Jaws" movies performed and directed here in the late 1950's.
Ghorst and King Bus Terminal: 1923: The name apply applies to what this building was (1912-1964) and today is the home of Engles Furniture.
Cutlip's Ice Cream Plant: 1923 - First ice cream factory in the area - ceased operations in 1979.
Another page of North Bend Historic Buildings, landmarks and photographs can be found on the second page